Tummy Tuck Might Be For You If:
Call to schedule your consultation or fill out the form below.
By submitting this form, I agree to authorize contact by CosmetiCare to discuss their services with me at the telephone number and email provided.
Best Newport Beach Tummy Tuck
So you’ve worked hard to eat right and stay in shape, but for many women and men, all the rice cakes and crunches in the world won’t tighten up their flabby stomachs. That’s because factors such as genetics, past pregnancy and significant weight loss all can conspire to create a protruding tummy that only surgery can fix. Our Orange County tummy tuck patients choose abdominoplasty to trim and tone the stomach by removing excess fat and skin tissue while re-tightening abdominal muscles in a way no amount of exercise ever could.
Many of our patients who choose to undergo a tummy tuck procedure tell us it was one of the best decisions they ever made. Their clothes fit better, and many feel more confident about their appearance, especially in low-rise jeans, swimwear, and form fitting clothes.
Before & Afters
See before & after photos of actual patients
Let our team of experts help you look and feel your best.
RECOVERY TIME: 10 days
“From the moment I chose CosmetiCare, I knew I made the right decision. Everyone was so welcoming and helpful along the way. I absolutely love my results and can’t say thank you enough!”
– Courtney R.
What Do I Need To Know?
To keep the results of your surgery lasting, it is important to maintain a good weight and exercise regularly. People who plan on losing a lot of weight should delay their tummy tuck until their weight has leveled off so that no additional loose tissue is created after surgery. Also, women who plan on having children should not have a tummy tuck because, once the abdominal muscles are surgically tightened, they could split or separate as a pregnancy progresses, requiring a second surgery.
Circumferential abdominoplasty, or beltplasty, technique may be required for those patients who have lost large amounts of weight on their own through extensive dieting or a gastric bypass procedure. The incision for this procedure extends around the body to eliminate large sections of loose, hanging skin.
Which Type of Abdominoplasty is Right for Me?
The amount of skin and fat to be removed as well as other personal characteristics will determine which type of tummy tuck procedure your surgeon will recommend. In some cases, abdominoplasty may be combined with liposuction to help contour the waist.
- Partial or “mini” tummy tucks target only loose abdominal skin through a smaller incision. This procedure is ideal for patients who have firm abdominal wall muscles and little excess fat tissue.
- Full, or standard, tummy tucks are generally for those who have had children or lost a significant amount of weight. Depending on the amount of excess tissue to be removed, the incision may extend from hip to hip.
- Extended tummy tucks are performed for larger patients who need a greater amount of excess fat and skin to be removed. The incision for this procedure may extend beyond the hip area toward the lower back.
How Will I Look & Feel Afterwards?
- Following surgery, your abdomen will be very tight, swollen and you’ll have some discomfort. A pain pump is provided to help you manage the discomfort, with additional oral pain medication also prescribed.
- While you should take it easy for the most part, you will be encouraged to walk around after a day or two to minimize the risk of blood clots. Recovery time varies from person to person, but you should be able to resume light activities after about two weeks, adding in more strenuous activities after six to eight weeks.
- You will be sent home in a compression garment (abdominal binder) much like a girdle, that is used to help keep swelling down. The garment will be worn for a few weeks.
- Scars may be noticeable in the first three to six months, but you should start to see an improvement after six months to a year. While the scars will not disappear entirely, they will become less noticeable with time. Some patients may end up with scars that are more noticeable due to keloiding (raised or excess scarring) or poor healing. Our surgeons are able to place most abdominoplasty incisions so that they are concealed even in bathing suits and low rise pants.
What Else do I Need to Know?
If you have additional questions about abdominoplasty surgery, we invite you to read through our tummy tuck FAQs to learn more about the procedure. If you still have questions, we are happy to help you get the answers you need. Get in touch with us to schedule a consultation for more information.
Verified Patient Reviews
Doctors and nurses here are really good to answer questions and make sure you feel comfortable. Thank you to Dr V for everything…
2 months ago
I went to one of CosmetiCares events, we got to see a live demo with cheek injections and cool sculpting. They do amazing work here…
December 11, 2018
Try on a Treatment Before
You Get It!
Want to see your new look now! Get a realistic simulation
of how you’ll look after your treatment for free.
We’ve got you covered!
Worried about financing your
Financing as low as $268/mo