Physical fitness serves a major role in your life, and looking your best is no doubt important. But even with all the exercise and weight training, you may not be able to achieve the full, muscular chest you want. Looking your best has always been important in a place like Orange County, and pectoral implants can help.
For men in Orange County, pectoral implants can help achieve a more prominent, muscular and well-defined appearance in their chest. At CosmetiCare, our cosmetic surgeons understand that achieving the look you want can help you live the life you want.
What Do I Need to Know?
These implants come in different sizes and shapes to help create the look you want. It is very important to have a surgeon skilled in this procedure to assist you in determining the appropriate size and shape for your body. Implants are made of solid silicone that is flexible and durable, imitating both the look and feel of muscle. Pectoral implants will not leak or tear, as there is no gel or fluid.
The procedure is performed under general anesthesia as a small incision is made in the armpit and a pocket is then created between the two chest wall muscles known as pectoralis major and pectoralis minor. The implants are inserted into the pocket between these two muscles and are well camouflaged.
Am I a Candidate?
There are a variety of reasons why pectoral implants in Orange County rate as important surgery option for men. Any one of the following may mean you are a good candidate for pectoral implants.
- Men who have had difficulty developing a muscular look to the chest through exercise and wish to improve the appearance of their chest muscles.
- Those who want to correct abnormal chest appearance caused by congenital defect or deformity of the chest resulting from disease or injury.
- Those wanting to improve asymmetry–uneven shape or size of pectoral muscles
How Will I Look & Feel Afterward?
It is important to keep in mind that the amount of recovery time needed after cosmetic surgery varies greatly with each individual.
- You will be able to return home shortly after the procedure is performed.
- The first evening after surgery, you should rest quietly.
- Showering is allowed after a day or two.
- There is usually minimal bruising and you may experience some mild to moderate discomfort that can be controlled with oral medication. This discomfort is present in mostly the first couple of days and then rapidly subsides.
- You will also notice temporary swelling in the chest area and feel soreness in the chest muscles. A compression garment will be worn to help keep swelling down. The garment is easily concealed and will be worn for approximately 3-4 weeks or less.
- Swelling will typically begin to resolve within two weeks.
- You can return to light duties or work within a few days, as tolerated.
- You will be unable to do any heavy lifting or cardio exercise for the first 3-4 weeks following surgery.
- If combined with another surgery, such as calf implants or a tummy tuck, recovery times may be longer. Consult your surgeon for personalized recovery instructions.
- Within one month, the scars should be barely noticeable.
The pectoral implants will produce an appearance of a full and well-defined pectoral muscle. Although the body may change with age, following pectoral augmentation you will have long lasting results and your implants will not sag over time.
Request a consultation or call 949-386-2773 to schedule your appointment. With convenient locations in Long Beach and Newport Beach, CosmetiCare makes it easy to love the way you look!