How the Fat Injection Procedure Works
Fat injections in Orange County are very safe and involve taking or “harvesting” fat cells from an area of the patient’s body such as the buttocks, abdomen or thighs. The extracted fat is then sterilized and processed and prepared for re-injection into the areas of the face or body to be corrected or enhanced.
Our patients come to our clinic in Orange County for fat injection treatments to fill in sunken cheeks, laugh lines, and depressed areas or indentations on the face or body. Often combined with another surgical procedure such as liposuction, fat transfer procedures are a way to take advantage of time under anesthesia to achieve a more complete result. Request a consultation for more information
Free Consultation *
Call to schedule your consultation or fill out the form below.
Before & Afters
See before & after photos of actual patients
Best Rated Fat Transfer in Orange County
Let our team of experts help you look and feel your best.
RECOVERY TIME: 1 Week
“From the moment I chose CosmetiCare, I knew I made the right decision. Everyone was so welcoming and helpful along the way. I absolutely love my results and can’t say thank you enough!.”
– Courtney R.
How Will I Look & Feel Afterward?
- Because fat has a certain rate of absorption once injected, your surgeon will over-fill the area to allow for this absorption rate over the next several weeks. The areas injected will appear very puffy and “fat” and you will have bruising, swelling or redness in the donor site as well as the injected areas treated.
- Although you may return to most activities immediately, if a large area was treated, it is advised to restrict activity for a short time.
- Most patients feel good enough to resume normal activities right away. However, you will be quite swollen. Those who don’t want others to know of their procedure may choose to wait a few days before going out into public.
- It is recommended that you avoid sun exposure until redness and bruising subsides, usually after 48 hours.
How Long Will the Results Last?
- Fat injection results are significantly different with each patient.
- Some patients will have more absorption than others. Many have had results last up to one year or more.
- Secondary injections are not uncommon and may be necessary to obtain the result you’re looking to achieve.
- Fat injection is a surgical procedure and performed under general anesthesia. Collagen, Restylane® and other injectable fillers are also available to fill fine lines and wrinkles, enhance lips, and smooth out depressed areas of the face.
Verified Patient Reviews
Doctors and nurses here are really good to answer questions and make sure you feel comfortable. Thank you to Dr V for everything…
2 months ago
I went to one of CosmetiCares events, we got to see a live demo with cheek injections and cool sculpting. They do amazing work here…
December 11, 2018
Try on a Treatment Before
You Get It!
Want to see your new look now? Get a free realistic
simulation of how you could look after your treatment!
We’ve got you covered!
Worried about financing your
Financing as low as $229/ Mo and up