Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty)
Excess skin and droopiness of upper eyelids or puffiness in the lower eyelids can give you an older, sleepy appearance. For some, it is a result of aging skin. For others, it can be an inherited condition that causes them to seek surgery at an earlier age. Eyelid surgery can remove fat, along with excess skin from the upper and lower eyelids, to produce a smoother, more rested appearance. Request a consultation to learn more.
Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty)
You’ve used the eye creams. You’ve gotten plenty of rest. Nothing seems to work to help you eliminate your puffy, baggy, tired-looking eyes.
For many women and men in Orange County, eyelid surgery is a solution that delivers proven results. Blepharoplasty can improve the appearance of baggy lids and puffiness by removing excess skin and repositioning and removing excess fat.
Free Consultation *
Call to schedule your consultation or fill out the form below.
Best Rated Eyelid Surgery in Orange County
Let our team of experts help you look and feel your best.
RECOVERY TIME: 7-10 Days
“From the moment I chose CosmetiCare, I knew I made the right decision. Everyone was so welcoming and helpful along the way. I absolutely love my results and can’t say thank you enough!”
– Courtney R.
What Do I Need To Know?
Very simply, eyelid surgery can take years off your facial appearance. Blepharoplasty incisions are made in the fold or crease of the upper eyelids and right at the lash line of the lower eyelids. Through these incision sites, your surgeon is able to eliminate skin and fat. Patients can have just upper eyelids done or can request that both upper and lower eyelid surgery be performed at the same time. Upper eyelid surgery is often performed in conjunction with a brow lift to create a substantially improved appearance in the upper face region.
Am I A Candidate?
After doing their research, many people find that blepharoplasty is right for them:
- Men and women of all ages who want to rid themselves of droopy eyelid skin or fatty pockets in the upper or lower eyelids or both.
- Those who have difficulty seeing due to loose skin hanging from the upper eyelids that may be causing vision obstruction.
- Those with excess skin and fine, paper thin wrinkles of the eyelids.
How Will I Look & Feel Afterwards?
- Following surgery your eyes may feel tight and sore. You will experience mild pain for a few days, which will be controlled with prescription oral pain medication.
- You will need to keep your head elevated for several days and use cold compresses to reduce swelling and bruising, which can generally improve within two weeks, depending on the extent of your eyelid surgery.
- You will be shown how to care for your eyes during the first week, including eye drops for lubrication to alleviate any burning, or itching you may experience.
- In the first few weeks, you may have excessive tearing, some sensitivity to light and temporary blurred vision. Your surgeon will follow up with you regularly during the first several weeks to monitor your condition.
- Your stitches will be removed within five days after surgery, after which you’ll begin to notice a decrease in swelling and bruising.
- Most patients return to work within 10 days. However, if you leave the house before that time, it is recommended that you wear sunglasses to protect your eyes from UV light, wind, and other irritants.
- Activity should be minimal in the first few days and you should avoid strenuous activity for three to four weeks.
What Else do I Need to Know?
The results of your surgery should last many years, helping you look more rested, refreshed and alert. Healing can be a gradual process. Incisions may remain pink for up to six months or more but eventually fade to a thin, nearly invisible line. Eyelid surgery has its limitations and will not improve crow’s feet, droopy eyebrows or frown lines. To improve these conditions, your surgeon may recommend additional procedures such as chemical peels or injectable fillers.
Request a consultation online to learn more or to schedule your eyelid surgery in Orange County. You can also contact us at 949-537-2376. Conveniently located in Newport Beach, CosmetiCare makes it easy to look your best in Southern California.
Verified Patient Reviews
Doctors and nurses here are really good to answer questions and make sure you feel comfortable. Thank you to Dr V for everything…
2 months ago
I went to one of CosmetiCares events, we got to see a live demo with cheek injections and cool sculpting. They do amazing work here…
December 11, 2018
Try on a Treatment Before
You Get It!
Want to see your new look now? Get a free realistic
simulation of how you could look after your treatment!
We’ve got you covered!
Worried about financing your
Financing as low as $107/mo