Orange County Ear Surgery
Otoplasty (ear surgery) in Newport Beach at CosmetiCare is performed to correct a variety of ear deformities such as “cupped ear,” “shell ear,” and stretched earlobes. Sometimes referred to as ear pinning, our plastic surgery specialists can help improve confidence and self-esteem with this quick surgical procedure. Learn more when you request a consultation with one of our board-certified surgeons.
Otoplasty – Ear Surgery
In Orange County, ear surgery is performed to improve the shape, position and proportion of ears. In addition to adults, ear surgery is often performed for children and can help save children from years of ridicule and teasing by their peers. A relatively quick procedure, ear surgery can correct a birth defect of the ear structure and for some patients, surgery is only needed on one ear. Correction of even minor deformities can have profound beneﬁts on a patient’s appearance and self-esteem. Whether to tuck protruding ears back or to reduce the size of large ears, ear surgery in Orange County has become an increasingly popular procedure.
Free Consultation *
Call to schedule your consultation or fill out the form below.
Before & Afters
See before & after photos of actual patients
Best Rated Ear Surgery
in Orange County
Let our team of experts help you look and feel your best.
RECOVERY TIME: 5-7 days
“From the moment I chose CosmetiCare, I knew I made the right decision. Everyone was so welcoming and helpful along the way. I absolutely love my results and can’t say thank you enough!”
– Courtney R.
Am I a Candidate?
Anyone who is self-conscious about their ear appearance can benefit from this procedure, including:
- Children and adults who have larger ears or protruding ears.
- Those who have missing outer ear folds, or lobes.
- Those who have been born with abnormality or congenital deformity.
- Those who have lost the ear as the result of injury or trauma.
How Will I Look & Feel Afterwards?
- Adults and children are usually up and moving around within a few hours after surgery.
- The patient’s head will be wrapped in a heavy bandage similar to a “turban” for several days, to cover and protect the ears.
- It is typical for the ears to throb or ache for the first few days. Pain medication can help to reduce some of the mild discomfort during this period.
- The bandages will be replaced with lighter bandages after a few days. Then your surgeon will recommend a headband be worn at night for a few weeks to protect the ears and ensure proper healing.
- Stitches will typically be removed or dissolve after a week.
- Contact sports and vigorous activities should be avoided while healing.
Why Choose Us?
- Trusted experts in plastic surgery and aesthetic transformations since 1982.
- Conveniently located in Newport Beach, we have our own accredited surgery center on site. You will not need to travel anywhere else the day of surgery.
- We have performed otoplasty procedures for thousands of happy patients over the last 35+ years.
- Our ear surgery operations have even earned media attention. CosmetiCare ear surgeries have been featured by the Los Angeles Times, Orange County Register and CBS Los Angeles to name a few.
What Else do I Need to Know?
For some patients, local anesthesia may be considered as opposed to general anesthesia. You can discuss the best option for you during a consultation with your surgeon.
Patients should keep in mind that ear surgery will not result in “perfect” symmetry. However, most people are extremely pleased with their outcome, especially if they had realistic expectations prior to surgery. Some patients may choose an additional procedure to further enhance their facial symmetry, such a rhinoplasty to adjust the profile of their nose. Ear surgery is a highly individualized procedure and you should do it for yourself, not to fulfill someone else’s desires or to try to ﬁt any sort of ideal image.
Request a consultation online or give us a call to learn more about ear surgery options in Orange County. Conveniently located in Newport Beach, CosmetiCare makes it easy to look your best in Southern California.
Verified Patient Reviews
Doctors and nurses here are really good to answer questions and make sure you feel comfortable. Thank you to Dr V for everything…
2 months ago
I went to one of CosmetiCares events, we got to see a live demo with cheek injections and cool sculpting. They do amazing work here…
December 11, 2018
Try on a Treatment Before
You Get It!
Want to see your new look now? Get a free realistic
simulation of how you could look after your treatment!
We’ve got you covered!
Worried about financing your
Financing as low as $229/mo