In Orange County, ear surgery, whether to tuck protruding ears back or to reduce the size of large ears, is usually performed for children between the ages of 5 and 14. Since ears are usually fully grown by the age of four, ear surgery can help save children from years of ridicule and teasing by their peers. Of course, many adults undergo this procedure as well to achieve a look they have dreamed about their entire lives.
Call to schedule your consultation or fill out the form below.
By submitting this form, I agree to authorize contact by CosmetiCare to discuss their services with me at the telephone number and email provided.
Orange County Ear Surgery
At our two clinic locations in Orange County, ear surgery is also performed to correct a variety of ear deformities such as “cupped ear,” “shell ear,” stretched earlobes, or missing ears. Our plastic surgery specialists can help. Learn more when you request a consultation with one of our surgeons.
Before & Afters
See before & after photos of actual patients
Let our team of experts help you look and feel your best.
RECOVERY TIME: 5-7 days
“From the moment I chose CosmetiCare, I knew I made the right decision. Everyone was so welcoming and helpful along the way. I absolutely love my results and can’t say thank you enough!”
– Courtney R.
Am I a Candidate?
Anyone who is self-conscious about their ear appearance can benefit from this procedure, including:
- Children and adults who have larger ears or protruding ears.
- Those who have missing outer ear folds, or lobes.
- Those who have been born with abnormality or congenital deformity.
- Those who have lost the ear as the result of injury or trauma.
How Will I Look & Feel Afterwards?
- Adults and children are usually up and around within a few hours after surgery.
- The patient’s head will be wrapped in a heavy bandage similar to a “turban” for several days, to cover and protect the ears.
- It is typical for the ears to throb or ache for the first few days. Pain medication can help to reduce some of the mild discomfort during this period.
- The bandages will be replaced with lighter bandages after a few days. Then your surgeon will recommend a headband be worn at night for a few weeks to protect the ears and ensure proper healing.
- Stitches will typically be removed or dissolve after a week.
- Patients can return to work or school after about 5 to 7 days. Your ears should look normal within 10 to 20 days.
- Contact sports and vigorous activities should be avoided for the first month.
What Else do I Need to Know?
Patients should keep in mind that ear surgery will not result in “perfect” symmetry. However, most people are extremely pleased with their outcome, especially if they had realistic expectations prior to surgery. Some patients may choose an additional procedure to further enhance their facial symmetry, such a rhinoplasty to adjust the profile of their nose.
Request a consultation online or give us a call to learn more or to schedule your ear surgery in Orange County. With convenient locations in Long Beach and Newport Beach, CosmetiCare makes it easy to look your best in Southern California.
Verified Patient Reviews
Doctors and nurses here are really good to answer questions and make sure you feel comfortable.Thank you to Dr V for everything…
2 months ago
I went to one of CosmetiCares events, we got to see a live demo with cheek injections and cool sculpting. They do amazing work here…
December 11, 2018
Try on a Treatment Before
You Get It!
Want to see your new look now! Get a realistic simulation
of how you’ll look after your treatment for free.
We’ve got you covered!
Worried about financing your
Financing as low as $229/mo