Excessively large sagging breasts can cause extreme physical discomfort, health problems, and emotional stress for many women in Orange County. Breast reduction can help you correct back, shoulder and neck pain as well as poor posture, skin irritations, skeletal deformities, breathing problems and numbness in the extremities due to compressed nerves. Large breasts also can be an embarrassment, leaving women feeling extremely self-conscious. Breast reduction surgery can help alleviate the discomfort and provide a more attractive and proportionate breast appearance.
Eliminate excess skin, fat and tissue to create firmer, lighter and smaller breasts with breast reduction. CosmetiCare’s Orange County plastic surgery specialists understand that achieving the look you want can help you live the life you want. Request a consultation to learn more about your options.
Breast reduction has helped millions of women nationwide enhance their look and their life, including many in the Newport Beach and Long Beach areas. Breast reduction is about reducing breast tissue and eliminating saggy breast skin. Incisions are made around the areola, vertically down from the bottom of the areola and in the breast fold. The incision is shaped like an anchor. Through these incisions the surgeon is able to reposition the nipple, reduce breast size by taking out excess fat and tissue and remove excess saggy breast skin.
Breast reduction candidates include those who:
- Have excessively large, uncomfortably heavy breasts and who experience back, neck and shoulder pain as well as indentations from bra straps and chafing underneath the breasts.
- Feel unattractive or awkward due to the size of their breasts. Many of these women complain of being unable to buy fashionable clothes and feel uncomfortable in the clothes they are forced to wear due to the size of their breasts. This is especially difficult for teenage girls.
- Cannot perform daily activities or exercise because breast size interferes.
- After surgery, your breasts will be wrapped tightly with an elastic bandage and placed in a bra.
- Each breast will have a small drain inserted to help eliminate any fluids or residual bleeding that can collect in the breasts over the first few days.
- You will experience some swelling, bruising and discomfort that can be lessened with prescription medication.
- Bandages will be removed after a day or two, but you will be required to continue wearing the surgical bra for a few weeks.
- The procedure will leave noticeable scars. For most women, these scars should fade with time. The typically breast reduction incision will leave a scar shaped much like an anchor.
- Most women are able to return to work within two weeks depending upon their individual work duties. More strenuous work must be avoided for a longer period of time. Light social activities can also be resumed within this time period.
- More strenuous activities and lifting can begin after 4-6 weeks. Your surgeon will be able to give you instructions on resuming normal activities.
- Any physical contact with the breasts should be avoided for 6 weeks.
What Results Can I Expect?
It’s important to maintain realistic expectation when undergoing any plastic surgery procedure. Our Orange County patients will find the following results typical:
- After breast reduction, most patients will experience not only physical relief but also increased self-confidence as a result of smaller breasts, more attractive contour and better shape.
- Problems once associated with excessively large breasts are eliminated. Without the interference of large breasts many activities, including exercise, are performed with ease and comfort.
- The results of your breast reduction surgery should last many years.
- Some patients may experience a permanent loss of feeling in their nipples or breasts.
- Breast reduction will leave permanent scars that will be covered by bras and bathing suits. Products are available that can be placed on the scars to help reduce redness and improve the overall appearance.
- Most women feel that the appearance of a scar outweighs the physical discomfort and embarrassment they endured living with excessively large breasts.
Request a consultation with one of our plastic surgeons by filling out our online form or by calling 949-718-6900 to schedule your appointment. With convenient locations in Long Beach and Newport Beach, CosmetiCare makes it easy to love the way you look!