Best Orange County Brachioplasty
Age. Gravity. Genetics. Weightloss.
Time aside, there are countless factors aging our appearance. At CosmetiCare, our mission is to share the best treatment solutions so you can always Love the Way You Look™.
- Do you have excess fat and loose skin on your underarms?
- Need to eliminate bat wings?
- Do you eat right and exercise but still can’t get rid of sagging arm skin?
All About Brachioplasty/Upper Arm Lift
Loose, flabby skin on your upper arms can be uncomfortable and make finding attractive clothes a struggle. A Brachioplasty or arm lift removes excess fat and loose skin on your underarms. The procedure is the most effective way to get rid of bat wings, as they’re commonly called.
Do You Need A Brachioplasty?
Looking to correct the aftermath of significant weight loss or aging? If you have one or more of the following issues as a result of a significant weight fluctuation, a Brachioplasty surgery may be right for you:
- Have a desire for a more youthful appearance of their arms
- Embarrassed to wear sleeveless clothes
- Achieved significant weight loss following bariatric surgery or a rigorous diet plan
- Have excess fat and skin that needs to be removed
Most patients undergo general anesthesia during their upper arm lift surgery in Newport Beach. An incision is made in the inside part of the arm from the elbow to the armpit. Through this incision, your surgeon is able to eliminate excess skin, tighten skin and muscle, and remove excess fat. The incision is then closed with sutures, and a pressure garment, made of an elastic material, is placed on the arms and worn to help reduce swelling. Liposuction is often used in conjunction with arm lifts to help reduce some fat and provide better contour.
Five-Star Results From Award-Winning Plastic Surgeons
CosmetiCare is one of the most recognized names in aesthetic services throughout the nation. With a carefully selected team of award-winning Board-Certified Plastic Surgeons and more than 100,000 stories of transformation for over 35 years, we are committed to helping you Love the Way You Look.
Journey To Your BEST YOU
Here’s what to expect during your surgical journey:
Discuss your options and ask any questions that you may have with one of our board-certified plastic surgeons.
Virtually “try on” the procedure to see how it looks before making any committing using our New Look Now photo simulator tool.
Get ready to look & feel your best, with one of our renown board-certified plastic surgeons performing your surgery.
Trust our staff to guide you through the recovery process, providing tips and tools to make it as smooth as possible.
Look & Feel Your Best, With Confidence
Frequently Asked Questions
What Do I Need to Know?
Most patients undergo general anesthesia during their upper arm lift surgery in Newport Beach. An incision is made in the inside part of the arm from the elbow to the armpit. Through this incision, your surgeon is able to eliminate excess skin, tighten skin and muscle, and remove excess fat. The incision is then closed with sutures and a pressure garment, made of an elastic material, is placed on the arms and worn to help reduce swelling. Liposuction is often used in conjunction with arm lifts to help reduce some fat and provide better contour.
Some surgeons will use a small incision in the armpit and pull much of the excess skin up toward the underarm. This procedure is referred to as the “inner arm tuck” and can avoid the incision made from the elbow down to the armpit. There can be drawbacks to this technique, however, if the incision area doesn’t heal well within the armpit.
Am I a Candidate?
The best candidates for an upper arm lift procedure have a desire for a more youthful appearance of their arms. Patients should be in good physical and mental health and have realistic expectations about the results they may expect from the upper arm lift procedure.
An arm lift can help many people, especially those who have achieved significant weight loss following bariatric surgery or a rigorous diet plan. People who are primarily concerned with excess fat in their arms, but have an overall good skin tone, may benefit from liposuction, which removes fat tissue with fewer incisions than an upper arm lift.
How Will I Look & Feel Afterwards?
Together, you and your surgeon will devise a course of action that will help you achieve the best possible outcome following your Newport Beach cosmetic surgery procedure. An upper arm lift is permanent and can last many years. However, age and additional weight loss in the future may alter your original results. The primary drawback to this type of cosmetic surgery is the scarring. However, most patients find the scars to be a good exchange for eliminating the unsightly appearance of hanging arm skin.
- You will have mild to moderate discomfort during the first few days after surgery and will need some assistance.
- You will be required to wear an elastic support garment or wrap to compress and reduce swelling as well as to reinforce the new arm shape. The compression garment is typically worn for up to two weeks. Swelling will have improved at this time.
- Initially, use of your arms will be limited and you should avoid heavy lifting or fully extending your arms for one to two weeks.
- Some movement is encouraged, including light exercise, so that range of motion is maintained while healing.
- Sutures are removed in a couple phases: a few days after surgery and then again after two weeks.
- Once the garment is removed, it is normal for the arms to still be bruised and swollen.
- Remaining sutures and staples come out after another week or so, and final swelling is gone after another two months, revealing the final enhanced look.
- Although swelling is apparent, most patients will be ready to return to work or school within two weeks.
- After a month or two, many patients will feel more comfortable and able to see the results of their surgery.
- Scars may take one to two years to fade. However, some people return for additional options available to help reduce the appearance of their scars.