Brachioplasty (Upper Arm Lift)
Loose, flabby skin on your upper arms doesn’t just look bad – it can be uncomfortable and make finding attractive clothes a struggle. Thankfully, there’s help: our surgeons can perform upper arm lift for Orange County residents who are tired of the “bat wings” that can be a source of embarrassment and can detract from the appearance of your entire upper body.
Call to schedule your consultation or fill out the form below.
By submitting this form, I agree to authorize contact by CosmetiCare to discuss their services with me at the telephone number and email provided.
Newport Beach Brachioplasty (Upper Arm Lift)
An upper arm lift tightens skin and reduces the appearance of fat, providing a firmer, more toned upper arm appearance through cosmetic surgery. At our Newport Beach location, our plastic surgery specialists understand that achieving the look you want can help you live the life you want. Request a consultation today to learn more about how this procedure could benefit you.
Before & Afters
See before & after photos of actual patients
COST RANGE: $5,180+
RECOVERY TIME: 1 Week
“From the moment I chose CosmetiCare, I knew I made the right decision. Everyone was so welcoming and helpful along the way. I absolutely love my results and can’t say thank you enough!”
– Courtney R.
What Do I Need to Know?
Most patients undergo general anesthesia during their upper arm lift surgery in Newport Beach. An incision is made in the inside part of the arm from the elbow to the armpit. Through this incision, your surgeon is able to eliminate excess skin, tighten skin and muscle, and remove excess fat. The incision is then closed with sutures and a pressure garment, made of an elastic material, is placed on the arms and worn to help reduce swelling. Liposuction is often used in conjunction with arm lifts to help reduce some fat and provide better contour.
Some surgeons will use a small incision in the armpit and pull much of the excess skin up toward the underarm. This procedure is referred to as the “inner arm tuck” and can avoid the incision made from the elbow down to the armpit. There can be drawbacks to this technique, however, if the incision area doesn’t heal well within the armpit.
Am I a Candidate?
The best candidates for an upper arm lift procedure have a desire for a more youthful appearance of their arms. Patients should be in good physical and mental health and have realistic expectations about the results they may expect from the upper arm lift procedure.
An arm lift can help many people, especially those who have achieved significant weight loss following bariatric surgery or a rigorous diet plan. People who are primarily concerned with excess fat in their arms, but have an overall good skin tone, may benefit from liposuction, which removes fat tissue with fewer incisions than an upper arm lift.
How Will I Look & Feel Afterwards?
Together, you and your surgeon will devise a course of action that will help you achieve the best possible outcome following your Newport Beach cosmetic surgery procedure. An upper arm lift is permanent and can last many years. However, age and additional weight loss in the future may alter your original results. The primary drawback to this type of cosmetic surgery is the scarring. However, most patients find the scars to be a good exchange for eliminating the unsightly appearance of hanging arm skin.
- You will have mild to moderate discomfort during the first few days after surgery and will need some assistance.
- You will be required to wear an elastic support garment or wrap to compress and reduce swelling as well as to reinforce the new arm shape. The compression garment is typically worn for up to two weeks. Swelling will have improved at this time.
- Initially, use of your arms will be limited and you should avoid heavy lifting or fully extending your arms for one to two weeks.
- Some movement is encouraged, including light exercise, so that range of motion is maintained while healing.
- Sutures are removed in a couple phases: a few days after surgery and then again after two weeks.
- Once the garment is removed, it is normal for the arms to still be bruised and swollen.
- Remaining sutures and staples come out after another week or so, and final swelling is gone after another two months, revealing the final enhanced look.
- Although swelling is apparent, most patients will be ready to return to work or school within two weeks.
- After a month or two, many patients will feel more comfortable and able to see the results of their surgery.
- Scars may take one to two years to fade. However, some people return for additional options available to help reduce the appearance of their scars.
To learn more about these options or about arm lifts in general, request a consultation online or give us a call to schedule your appointment.
Verified Patient Reviews
Doctors and nurses here are really good to answer questions and make sure you feel comfortable.Thank you to Dr V for everything…
2 months ago
I went to one of CosmetiCares events, we got to see a live demo with cheek injections and cool sculpting. They do amazing work here…
December 11, 2018
Try on a Treatment Before
You Get It!
Want to see your new look now! Get a realistic simulation
of how you’ll look after your treatment for free.
We’ve got you covered!
Worried about financing your
Financing as low as $215/mo