No Interest Payment Options Available
Breast Augmentation might be for you if:
- You want larger breasts that are more proportionate to your overall body appearance.
- You want to correct the size, volume and shape of your breasts following pregnancy or weight loss.
- You wish to correct or improve uneven breast shape or size.
- You have undergone mastectomy and are ready for reconstructive breast surgery to replace lost breast tissue.
There are so many reasons why our Orange County breast augmentation patients choose to enhance the size and shape of their breasts. While their reasons may vary, women commonly look to breast enlargement as a way to boost their self confidence and feel more feminine. There are many good reasons to consider breast augmentation, not least of which is the sexy shape and spectacular results that are possible.
"CosmetiCare's staff and Dr. Niccole made me feel completely safe and comfortable."
- Jenn W.
Our breast augmentation patients have reported that they are incredibly happy following surgery. Many women, several months after surgery, have told us how excited they were to be able to buy new clothes, including lingerie and bathing suits that they had not felt confident wearing before.Schedule A Free Consultation
What do I need to know?
At CosmetiCare, each breast augmentation surgery is tailored to the patient. Breast implants come in a variety of shapes, sizes and fill materials. One of your biggest decisions is choosing between silicone gel and saline implants. Many women prefer the new generation of silicone gel implants because the look and feel is more like natural breast tissue. At your consultation, your surgeon will recommend an implant type based on your surgical goals and help you make an informed decision.
Breast augmentation is not for every woman. Be sure to talk with your surgeon about the risks involved, and make sure you are comfortable with the potential complications. As an informed patient, you are much more likely to make a decision you will be happy with for years to come.
How will I look & feel afterwards?
It’s only natural to wonder what your recovery will be like following breast augmentation. You will be provided with a support bra that you will need to wear for several days. In the first few days, your breasts will be sore, but discomfort can be controlled with prescription medication. Many women have slight pain in their nipples during the first two weeks that generally subsides once the bruising begins to fade. Physical contact should be avoided until your breasts are no longer sore, which is about four weeks after surgery for most women. Scars will be noticeable for several months, but will eventually diminish, although not disappear.
Depending on your job, you may be able to return to work within a few days after surgery. You will need to take it easy for about a week, resuming light activities after two weeks and more strenuous activities like jogging after four weeks.
While you should enjoy your more attractive breast shape for years to come, your results will not last forever. Pregnancy, weight loss, and age may affect the size and shape of your breasts over time. Silicone gel breast implants have a life expectancy of between 10 to 20 years, while saline implants generally last between two to 10 years.
- Most women return to work within a week or so, but activity level should be kept at a minimum.
- Avoid lifting anything too heavy in the first three to four weeks.
- Sex should be avoided for four to six weeks. Strenuous activity, such as sports, should be avoided during the first month.
- It's important to note that surgery should not affect your ability to nurse in the future as milk ducts and nipples are left intact during the procedure.
What Else Do I Need to Know?
Will Breast Implants Affect My Nipple Sensitivity?
Many women considering breast enlargement in Orange County want to learn more about how the procedure can affect feeling in their nipples. Here are the facts:
- Only a small percentage of women lose nipple sensation on a permanent basis, though diminished sensitivity or temporary numbness can occur following any breast surgery.
- According to recent studies, your choice of incision placement, under the breast in the fold, around the top or bottom of the areola or in the armpit, has no direct impact on nipple sensation.
- Women who choose to have larger implants sometimes lose nipple sensation due to extensive stretching of the nerve fibers that extend from the chest wall to the nipple. Studies have noted that this can happen to women with naturally large breasts as well.