Sandra Bouzaglou, M.D.
Dr. Sandra Bouzaglou grew up in Southern California where at an early age, she decided to pursue a path in medicine. After graduating from UCLA with a Bachelor's Degree in Biology, she went on to medical school and graduated from The Chicago Medical School in 1983. During her surgical rotations at Cook County Hospital in Chicago, she realized she wanted to be a surgeon. Having learned how to needlepoint as a child, working with her hands came most natural.
After medical school, she joined Loyola University in Chicago in General Surgery. In the short 2 years at Loyola, she was fortunate to perform hundreds of procedures in all aspects of surgery. It was during the second year at Loyola, when on a Plastic Surgery rotation, that she became fascinated by plastic surgery. The ability to make someone feel good about themselves through Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery was most appealing.
She completed General Surgery training in 1988, at the University of Iowa and then chose to move to the University of Kentucky to pursue her dream of becoming a Plastic Surgeon. As the first female plastic surgery resident at the University of Kentucky, she trained and learned from many leaders in the plastic surgery field.
In 1998, she opened Kentucky's first accredited outpatient center of its kind, The SurgiCenter, which is dedicated to providing a safe and private environment for patients. In 2018, Dr. Bouzaglou joined the team of experts at CosmetiCare in Newport Beach, California.
Dr. Bouzaglou is board certified in both General Surgery and Plastic Surgery and she has been recognized by peers as a fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Board of Plastic Surgeons
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Member of the American Society For Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Inc.
- Undergraduate Training: UCLA, 1978
- Medical School: Chicago Medical School, 1983
- Internship: Loyola University Department of Surgery 1984
- General Surgery Residency: University of Iowa, 1988
- Plastic Surgery Residency: University of Kentucky, 1990
- Board Certified in General Surgery by the American Board of Surgery, 1990
- Board Certified in Plastic Surgery by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, 1994
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, 1996