Breast Lift (Mastopexy)
No Interest Payment Options Available
Breast Lift might be for you if:
- You have been left with less volume and sagginess due to pregnancy or breast-feeding. However, if you are planning to have more children, you may want to postpone the procedure.
- You have lost a significant amount of weight and as a result, your breasts have become droopy with much excess skin.
- You have asymmetry or uneven breasts, where one side may be larger and droopier than the other.
- You have sagging breasts due to age or genetics and cannot achieve the results you desire with only breast implants.
- You have small, sagging breasts. Any size breast can be lifted but if you have heavy or large breasts, you may not experience the long lasting results that a smaller breasted woman can. Women with smaller breasts may want to consider a breast augmentation in addition to a breast lift procedure.
While some patients seek enlargement for a fuller look, others simply want to give their breasts a little lift. Breast lift is a procedure designed to improve excess skin and underlying tissues that have become loose and flabby. Sagging skin as a result of age, genetics or large amounts of weight loss are common reasons for patients requesting breast lift in Orange County.
"CosmetiCare's staff and Dr. Niccole made me feel completely safe and comfortable."
- Jenn W.
Our breast lift patients have reported that they are extremely happy following surgery. Many women, several months after surgery have stated how thrilled they were to be able to buy new clothes including lingerie and other items that they had not worn for quite some time.Schedule A Free Consultation
What do I need to know?
There are three types of breast lift procedures our Orange County cosmetic surgeons use. The technique that’s right for you will depend on such factors as your breast size and the amount of droopiness you have.
- Mastopexy or Full Breast Lift is the most invasive lift procedure and is typically performed on women with much larger breasts, a significant amount of drooping and whose nipple placement has dropped dramatically due to pregnancy or weight loss.
- Benelli or “Donut” Lift is a less invasive modified approach, and an option for those women who have less sagging skin but have experienced nipple position dropping and as a result, their breasts are not as perky. The incision is around the areola only and the nipple is positioned up, slightly higher, for a more youthful breast appearance.
- Crescent Lift is the least invasive of the breast lift procedures. This modified lift is typically for younger women or those with smaller breasts and minimal sagging. It involves only a small, crescent shaped incision, usually above the areola. The surgeon is able to take out a small piece of skin above the nipple and simply perk the nipple up slightly. This same type of incision is the most common choice for women having only breast enlargement surgery who do not require any type of lift.
NOTE: Through modified versions of a breast lift, the surgeon is more limited to the amount of lift he or she can accomplish. Your surgeon will examine the size and position of your breasts in order to recommend which type of lift procedure will provide you with the best possible results.
How will I look & feel afterwards?
- Immediately following surgery your breasts will be wrapped and fitted with a sports bra that you will wear for several days.
- Your breasts may be bruised, swollen and uncomfortable for the first few days. Any discomfort or soreness can be controlled with medication.
- You may experience some numbness around your nipples and breast skin temporarily. Once your swelling begins to subside, feeling should return.
- Most women return to work within a week or so, but activity level should be kept at a minimum.
- Avoid lifting anything too heavy in the first three to four weeks.
- Sex should be avoided for four to six weeks. Strenuous activity, such as sports, should be avoided during the first month.