Best Rated Gynecomastia in Orange County
Gynecomastia, an overdevelopment of male breast tissue, is a condition that affects an estimated 40 to 60 percent of males. And, although it is quite common, many men see it as a source of embarrassment and are extremely self-conscious. Some studies have linked certain drugs, medications and medical problems to this condition. CosmetiCare’s plastic surgeons specialize in male breast reduction can help to create better contour, flatness and a firmer look to the male chest.
Call to schedule your consultation or fill out the form below.
By submitting this form, I agree to authorize contact by CosmetiCare to discuss their services with me at the telephone number and email provided.
Orange County Gynecomastia
Eliminate excess fat and glandular tissue with male breast reduction. At the Orange County and Long Beach locations of CosmetiCare, our plastic surgery specialists understand that achieving the look you want can help you live the life you want. Learn more when you request a consultation with one of our surgeons.
Before & Afters
See before & after photos of actual patients
Orange County Gynecomastia
RECOVERY TIME: 3-4 days
“From the moment I chose CosmetiCare, I knew I made the right decision. Everyone was so welcoming and helpful along the way. I absolutely love my results and can’t say thank you enough!”.
– Courtney R.
What Do I Need to Know?
If your condition is mainly the result of excess fatty tissue, liposuction will be utilized to remove the excess fat. A small incision, less than half an inch in size, is made around the edge of the areola – the pigmented area encircling the nipple. A slender, hollow tube-like instrument, called a cannula, is attached to a vacuum pump and inserted into the incision. The cannula is then guided by your surgeon to break up layers of fat beneath the skin and suction it out of the breast.
If excess glandular tissue is the main cause of enlarged breasts, your surgeon will choose to excise or cut out this tissue out using a scalpel. The excision will be made in a well-concealed area on the edge of the areola or under the arm. Working through this incision the surgeon will excise the glandular tissue. Excision may be performed alone or in conjunction with liposuction.
For men who have an extremely large amount of fat or glandular tissue in the breasts, it may be necessary to also excise skin. Skin may not contour well to the breast area once fat or glandular tissue is removed, leaving the patient with saggybreast skin.
Am I a Candidate?
- The best candidates for breast reduction are men who have firmness and good elasticity in the skin that will reshape to the breasts new contour after reduction.
- Those men with excess fat or glandular tissue in one or both breasts who are self-conscious and avoid taking their shirts off, going to the beach or working out at the gym due to embarrassment.
How Will I Look & Feel Afterwards?
- You can expect swelling, bruising and some discomfort for a few days following surgery. Much of this discomfort can be controlled with medication prescribed by your surgeon.
- To reduce swelling, you will wear a compression garment for the first couple of weeks or longer.
- Most of the swelling bruising and discomfort will decrease within a few weeks.
- Results of your surgery may not truly be noticeable for up to 2-3 months or more.
- A scar will be noticeable in the areola or through the armpit but the scar appearance may improve with time.
- You can return to work after a day or two or when you feel well enough to do so.
- Heavy activities such as working out, should be avoided for about 4 weeks
- Sun exposure should be avoided for about 6 months to help eliminate darkening of your scars.
What Results Can I Expect?
Men who choose to eliminate excess breast tissue are extremely satisfied with their results. Flatness and firmness as well as improved shape to the breasts can increase self-confidence and improve life for many patients. Those who were self conscious about doing things that most men take for granted, such as swimming, working out or going to the beach, can now enjoy life’s pleasures without worrying about their appearance. The results of male breast reduction are permanent.
Request a consultation online or give us a call to schedule your appointment. With convenient locations in Long Beach and Newport Beach, CosmetiCare makes it easy to love the way you look!
Verified Patient Reviews
Doctors and nurses here are really good to answer questions and make sure you feel comfortable. Thank you to Dr V for everything…
2 months ago
I went to one of CosmetiCares events, we got to see a live demo with cheek injections and cool sculpting. They do amazing work here…
December 11, 2018
Try on a Treatment Before
You Get It!
Want to see your new look now! Get a realistic simulation
of how you’ll look after your treatment for free.
We’ve got you covered!
Worried about financing your
Financing as low as $185/mo