Burr von Maur, M.D.
Dr. Burr von Maur is a board-certified Orange County plastic surgeon and former Chief of Plastic Surgery at Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center. With over 20 years of experience, Dr. von Maur specializes in facial rejuvenation procedures including rhinoplasty and blepharoplasty, body contouring procedures such as liposuction, and breast enhancement procedures, including breast augmentation.
Request a consultation with Dr. von Maur regarding your cosmetic enhancement needs today.
- M.D. – University of Iowa, 1972
- General Surgery – University of Iowa
- General Surgery Residency – University of Iowa, 1977
- Residency – University of Missouri, 1979-1981
- Specialty Cosmetic Surgery Training – New York University, 1980
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Board of Surgery
- American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- California Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Orange County Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
Dr. von Maur specializes in facial rejuvenation procedures. He utilizes computer imaging with each consultation to achieve highly satisfying results with his patients. Procedures he performs include:
- Short-scar facelift
- Facelift with volume enhancement and deep plane facelift
- Endoscopic cheek lift (mid-facelift)
- Cheek enhancement using fat transfer or cheek implants
- Neck lift with muscle tightening
- Liposuction of the neck and chin
- Endoscopic brow-forehead lift
- Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery)
- Rhinoplasty: This surgery is of special interest to Dr. von Maur. He performs this surgery using an open or closed technique and will frequently combine cartilage modification with cartilage grafting and internal nasal reconstruction for breathing improvement. Dr. von Maur believes that facial balance is an integral and extremely important element in creating facial beauty. The nose is the aesthetic center of the face and small alterations or refinements in the nose will have a remarkable effect on improving the over-all facial appearance.
Many patients, despite diet and exercise, are unable to achieve the body or silhouette of their dreams. And those who have lost weight find themselves dealing with “problem areas” where there is excess, redundant skin.
Dr. von Maur specializes in body contouring from head to toe. He has a vast experience with abdominoplasty (tummy tuck), thigh-buttock lift, lower body lift, inner thigh lift, and arm lift (brachioplasty). These are very rewarding procedures with patients who have struggled most of their adult life with these problems and have finally found a solution. By combining external ultrasound and power-assisted liposculpture and using three-dimensional analysis, significant improvement of your figure and shape is the result. Dr. von Maur performs the following procedures:
- External ultrasonic power-assisted liposuction, which includes three-dimensional and circumferential liposuction
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck)
- Full body lift (includes buttock, thighs, and abdomen)
- Thigh lift
- Thigh-buttock lift
- Buttock enhancement with fat transfer or implants
- Brachioplasty (arm lift)
Breast augmentation is one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures in Orange County. Dr. von Maur utilizes saline or silicone, depending on the patient’s breast configuration. This can be determined at the time of initial evaluation. The scars from breast augmentation are generally peri-areolar, but sometimes trans-axillary, and sub-mammary. Dr. von Maur likes to use a pain pump catheter for breast augmentation patients because it can be left in place for up to three days.
- Breast lift (mastopexy) is the best way to correct post-partum breasts where the skin is stretched and the breasts droop. There are varieties of mastopexy methods used that are state of the art and very effective. The breast lift can be done with or without a breast implant, depending on the patient’s desires.
- Breast reduction helps to improve body proportion, reduce neck, back and shoulder pain, improve well-being, and allows a person to engage in activities that would normally be a challenge. This operation is done under general anesthesia and is sometimes partially covered by insurance.