- Patient Resources
- Contact Us
Excess skin and fat in the neck can make you look older and even limit your fashion choices – you know you have a problem when you’re wearing turtlenecks in the summer time! Age often causes the neck to droop and jowls to form, robbing you of a youthful appearance. Weight loss also can contribute to hanging, loose skin and muscles in the neck.
For anyone concerned about the appearance of their neck in Orange County, a neck lift can remove excess skin and fatty tissue from the neck and tighten neck muscles to re-define the jaw and neckline. This procedure is more often performed on adults 40 years of age and older and can compliment other facial procedures such as a facelift or liposuction of the neck.
At the Newport Beach and Long Beach locations of CosmetiCare, our plastic surgery specialists understand that achieving the look you want can help you live the life you want. Learn more when you request a consultation with one of our surgeons.
What Do I Need to Know?:
- A neck lift is performed through a small incision under the chin or through minimal incisions behind the ears.
- In conjunction with a facelift, the neck muscles are tightened and loose skin is lifted and re-draped over the neck and jaw line.
- When a neck lift is performed separately from a facelift, the neck muscle is tightened through incisions behind the ears with the excess skin removed.
Am I a Candidate?:
Women and men from all walks of life have chosen this procedure, including:
- Those who have sagging, hanging, neck skin and slack neck muscles.
- Those who are undergoing a facial procedure that can be complimented with neck lift.
How Will I Look & Feel Afterward?:
- A neck lift will leave you with temporary swelling, pain, bruising, tightness, soreness and fatigue.
- Patients are required to keep their head still, avoiding turning or twisting for the first few days.
- Aging and weight gain can alter the results of surgery over time.
- You can get back to some activities within one to two weeks following surgery.
- More strenuous activities should be avoided for 4 to 6 weeks.
A neck lift can correct the unwanted changes that come with age or weight loss. It can also complement a facelift or facial liposuction procedures by redefining the jaw line and helping to create a younger, stronger facial appearance.
Request a consultation online to learn more or to schedule your neck lift in Orange County. You can also contact us at 949-718-6900. With convenient locations in Long Beach and Newport Beach, CosmetiCare makes it easy to look your best in Southern California.