- Patient Resources
- Contact Us
Discussed and featured in numerous trade publications, and demonstrated in the informative talk show “The Doctors”, HydraFacial is a huge deal when it comes to anti-aging treatment. Celebrities like Beyoncé and Paris Hilton are known to regularly subscribe to getting a HydraFacial from their doctors.
HydraFacial: How Does It Work?
Known to work for all types of skin, including the sensitive or ethnic skin, HydraFacial is a non-invasive procedure that combines the benefits that cleansing, exfoliation, extraction and moisturizing provide. It is a quick and painless procedure that takes only 15 to 30 minutes to complete in a medical spa or dermatologist’s clinic.
HydraFacial: What’s the treatment process like?
- An aesthetic technician administers the treatment process using tools and machines at the derma clinic.
- The first step involves skin cleansing with exfoliation. With the help of a deplaning tool that feels like toothbrush on the face, the technician gently opens up the pores of the skin and cleansing the uppermost layer from dead skin cells.
- Next, the technician applies an acid peel that does not exhibit any stinging sensation, as acid peels usually do.
- Then, the extraction process ensues with the help of a nozzle that sucks into the skin's surface, cleaning off clogged pores gently but with precision. In a normal facial treatment, this part is done manually, which is why it feels much more intolerable, leading to skin redness.
- Finally, when the technician is certain that all areas of the face are covered, a serum is applied using another tool. The serum contains anti-oxidants and collagen that aids in the skin’s smoothness, suppleness and hydration.
HydraFacial: What happens after treatment?
Without any downtime, a patient can enjoy doing other activities after a hydrafacial and as soon as they step out of the clinic. Just like its efficient process, the effects appear quickly, often with just one treatment, and usually, with no side effects like skin irritation or redness. The skin immediately manifests smoothness and feels completely hydrated, lasting for more than five days.
HydraFacial is a safe and soothing procedure to removing dead skin cells, but it also provides replenishing properties that improve the skin’s quality and health. Ideally, this treatment benefits those with skin problems relating to hyper-pigmentation, acne, brown spots, fine lines, wrinkles, and congested or oily pores.