- Patient Resources
- Contact Us
You stay fit and workout regularly, but even with weight training, your calf muscles look a little undefined. Before you give up, explore your options – including calf implants in Orange County, a procedure that can help you create a more proportionate shape and attractive look.
Calf implant surgery is a great way to enhance the look of your legs. At CosmetiCare, our plastic surgery specialists understand that achieving the look you want can help you live the life you want.
What Do I Need to Know?:
Calf augmentation at our Orange County centers is performed under general anesthesia and generally takes about an hour and a half to two hours. Incisions are made behind the knees in the crease and a pocket is formed in order to place the implants underneath the muscle. Implants are carefully placed on the inside of each leg, the outside of each leg or on both sides, depending upon the look or correction each patient may wish to achieve.
Calf implants are solid, made from a bendable silicone that feels a lot like natural muscle. Like any other implant, various sizes and shapes are available to achieve your desired look. Understanding how the implant shape affects the outcome of your surgery is critical to this procedure. Your surgeon will help you determine the most appropriate size to specifically fit your desired goal.
Am I a Candidate?:
- Both men and women who desire more definition to the calves and have been unable to achieve this result through exercise. Most patients simply wish to have legs that are proportional and aesthetically pleasing.
- Men or women who simply have skinny or “chicken legs” and are dissatisfied with their calves.
- Men or women who have asymmetry or uneven calf muscles.
- Those who wish to correct a problem stemming form an injury or medical condition
How Will I Look & Feel Afterward?:
- Initially you will feel extremely sore in the calf area due to swelling of the muscles and tissue.
- Pain is expected and patients are advised to keep their legs elevated as much as possible for a couple of weeks following their cosmetic surgery procedure to optimize healing and minimize the risk of infection.
- Patients typically take one to two weeks off from their regular daily activities, including work.
- Strenuous activities should be avoided for three to four weeks.
- Calf implants will last many years because of the solid nature of the implant material.