- Patient Resources
- Contact Us
While some people seek enlargement for a fuller look in their buttocks, others simply want to give theirs a little lift. Buttocks lift is a procedure designed to improve excess skin and underlying tissues that have become loose and flabby. Sagging skin as a result of age, genetics or large amounts of weight loss are common reasons for patients requesting buttocks lift in Orange County.
Learn more about buttock lift cosmetic surgery. At the Newport Beach and Long Beach locations of CosmetiCare, our plastic surgery specialists understand that achieving the look you want can help you live the life you want. Request a consultation with one of our surgeons today.
What Do I Need to Know?:
Performed under general anesthesia, a buttocks lift takes about two to three hours to perform. This Newport Beach cosmetic surgery procedure requires that incisions be made vertically across the top of the upper buttocks area, extending to the sides of the back. This incision will typically be concealed with undergarments and clothes. The length of the incisions will depend on the amount of excess skin to be removed. After incision are made, the excess skin is removed and the remaining skin and tissue are lifted to achieve a smoother, tighter overall look to the buttocks.
Although buttocks lift is often times combined with liposuction in Newport Beach, the primary goal is only to tighten deep tissue and skin.
Am I a Candidate?:
After doing the research, many people find that this procedure is a good choice for them:
- People who have lost weight – on their own or through gastric bypass surgery – and as a result have an undesirable shape to the buttocks (learn about post weight loss plastic surgery options).
- Those who either with age or or genetics have poor elasticity, poor skin tone and a great deal of looseness to their buttocks skin.
How Will I Look & Feel Afterward?:
- For the first few weeks, you will have tape over your incisions.
- A compression garment will be placed on you immediately after surgery to provide good support, keep the lifted skin tight and help keep swelling down. The garment will be worn for about three to four weeks.
- Patients may be allowed to shower the day after surgery, but some will wait a couple of days. Careful patting of the incision area is needed to keep the area dry.
- A small amount of bleeding is normal within the first few days.
- Surgical drains placed during surgery to help eliminate residual bleeding and fluid build up will be removed after about one week.
- Sutures are typically internal.
- Bruising should start to fade after two to three weeks.
- Swelling will be present for about three to four months but a dramatic difference is seen about one month after surgery.
- Patients can return to work within a week to 10 days. However, it will take about a month to regain your full energy.
- More strenuous activities should be avoided for four to six weeks.
You will notice a change in the shape of your buttocks almost immediately after buttocks lift in Newport Beach. However, you will still be very swollen for a few months. The shape and contour of your buttocks may appear a bit boxy in the beginning until swelling subsides and your result softens. Depending on the individual, scars can take about one year to fade in color. Most scars associated with this procedure are well concealed in undergarments and other clothing. It is important to realize that scars are permanent and each of out Orange County buttocks implant patients heals differently. Your own body and its ability to heal will determine the quality of your final scar.
Request a consultation online to learn more of to schedule your buttocks lift in Orange County. You can also contact us at 949-718-6900. With convenient locations in Long Beach and Newport Beach, CosmetiCare makes it easy to look your best in Southern California.
There is currently no content classified with this term.