- Patient Resources
- Contact Us
BOTOX ® Cosmetic
How does BOTOX® Cosmetic work?
At both CosmetiCare locations in Long Beach and Orange County, BOTOX® Cosmetic is frequently injected into muscles and used to improve the look of the “11s,” the moderate-to-severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines). It works by blocking nerve impulses to the injected muscles. This reduces muscle activity that causes moderate to severe lines to form between the brows.
When will I see results from a BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment?
Within days, you may see a marked improvement in the moderate-to-severe frown lines between your brows. Lines continue to improve for up to 30 days, and results can last for up to four months. Individual results may vary. Contact us for more information.
How long does BOTOX® Cosmetic last?
Visible results have been shown to last up to four months. Your own results may vary.
Is treatment with BOTOX® Cosmetic painful?
Discomfort is usually minimal and brief. The entire procedure takes approximately 10 minutes. Most patients are in and out of the office without downtime following BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment. Side effects associated with the injection include localized pain, infection, inflammation, tenderness, swelling, swelling, redness, and/or bleeding/bruising.
Will I still be able to make facial expressions?
activity that causes frown lines between the brows is temporarily reduced, so you can still frown or look surprised without the wrinkles and creases between your brows.
Is BOTOX® Cosmetic expensive?
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the average cost of BOTOX® Cosmetic is approximately $400.
What Do I Need to Know?:
How Will I Look & Feel Afterward?:
Our patients appreciate that BOTOX Cosmetic:
- Requires practically no downtime while revealing results quickly
- Allows most patients to return to work or the rest of their day’s activities immediately after treatment, though some choose to take it easy for a day or so
- Causes no after-effects for most patients, though some people experience minor bruising or swelling lasting a day or two at most
- Begins to decrease muscle activity at the treatment site within three to seven days, continuing to create a smoother skin appearance until about two weeks after treatment
- Maintains a smooth skin appearance for three to four months before touch-up treatment is required
Although BOTOX® Cosmetic can help prevent existing wrinkles from worsening, an injectable filler such as JUVÉDERM® may be needed to fill deep wrinkles or scars.
Request a consultation online to learn more or to schedule a treatment of BOTOX® in Orange County. You can also contact us at 949-273-2663. With convenient locations in Long Beach and Newport Beach, CosmetiCare makes it easy to look your best in Southern California.